"People with disABILITY" have visual, hearing, mobility or cognitive impairments. These people are among the poorest of the poor, live life under poverty line, be less educated and participate less in society. For them employment opportunities are extremely limited.
Self-employment and small business are important avenues, viable options and best media to generate income streaming for "Persons with disABILITY" to become Self-reliant and thereby have self-Sufficiency. This option can assist "Persons with disABILITY" to achieve economic independence and simultaneously uplift their social status too. Today Self employment for individuals with disABILITIES is fast becoming a recognized option. Today history reveals that "People with disABILITY" having self-employABILITY have contributed their efforts and proved to be a mile stone in strengthening the economy of our country.
"SAMVEDNA" emphasis on promotion of self-employment for "Persons with disABILITY" to work as a freelance or for owns business. However, there is a need of General awareness and dissemination of proper information on such self-employment opportunities among the unemployed "Persons with disABILITY" through various medias. With a view to support, assist and guide this community, we have come forward to help unemployed "Persons with disABILITY" who have self-employABILITY and desires to become self-sufficient.
Many disABLED people consider themselves setting up business, to earn some money and a lead a better lifestyle, which is more attractive than life on benefits. The flexibility that self employment affords them is often more viable option than the "9 to 5" environment of working life. It is a means for disABLED people to gain free environment, financial independence and more control in their lives. There are several self-employment opportunities for such people. Our government also provide loans for setting up small business or small scale venture or home made products to interested beneficiaries and thus one can become self-sufficient.
This section includes information, resources and technical assistance to expand opportunities for self-employment and small business.
"SAMVEDNA" will help out those individuals who are interested in pursuing self-employment but seeking proper Guidance. For them we will provide technical assistance and disseminate means of resources available nationally to them and seek solutions in establishing small business feasibility, developing financial resources through governmental and non-governmental organizations etc.
SELF EMPLOYED PROFESSIONAL - A SUPPORT
If you are self-employed "Person with disABILITY" conducting business in certain profession as a charter accountant, electrician, carpenter, tailor, contractor, engineer, caterer, musician, printer, painter, electronic appliance / automobile / electrical repairer, computer hardware / software engineer, lawyer, agent, teacher, having small scale manufacturing unit, having shop / firm / company / factory etc. than please submit your form herein so that people around you can give you an opportunity to
• Engage you
• Hire you
• Allot job work to you
• Support you by purchasing articles / commodities / goods sold by you
1) ALLOTMENT OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS DEALERSHIP
2) DIFFERENTIAL RATE OF INTEREST (DRI) SCHEME
3) INDICATIVE LIST OF SELF-EMPLOYMENT VENTURES
4) TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION OF MHRD FOR PWDS
5) INFORMATION GUIDANCE & REHABILITATION NETWORK
6) INNOVATIVE INITIATIVES
7) KHADI & VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION (KVIC)
8) NATIONAL SAFAI KARMCHARIS FINANCE & DEVELOPMENT CORPN. (NSKFDC)
9) NATIONAL SCHEDULED TRIBES FINANCE & DEVELOPMENT CORPN. (NSTFDC)
10) OTHER SELF-EMPLOYMENT AVENUES
11) PRIME-MINISTER ROZGAR YOJANA (PMRY)
12) RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND SELF-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING INSTITUTE (RUDSETI)
13) SWARN JAYANTI SAHARI ROJGAR YOJANA (SJSRY)
14) SWARNAJAYANTI GRAM SWAROZGAR YOJANA (SGSY)
Financial Support for Self-Employment Ventures
The National Handicapped and Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) has been providing loans on concessional terms for undertaking self-employment ventures by the persons with disabilities through state channelizing agencies.
Support/Assistance provided by NHFDC :
• Concessional Credits for Self-employment
• Educational loans for higher studies
• Loan to NGOs for their capacity expansion
• Handholding support to institutions for PWDs
• 2000 scholarships to students with disabilities
• Loans for Vocational Studies
• Become a successful entrepreneur
• Loans for purchase of Assistive Device
• Loans for developing business premises
Schemes of NHFDC
1. Schemes implemented hrough SCAs & Nationalised Banks
2. Micro Financing Scheme
3. Schemes for Parent's Association of mentally retarded persons
4. Scheme of Financing NGOs Working in the Area of Disabilities
5. Scheme For Vocational Education and Training for PwDs
6. Scheme of Financing Construction Of Commercial/Business Premises For Starting Self Employment Activity to PwDs
7. Scheme For Providing Handholding Support to Disabled Entrepreneurs Through ‘Vishesh Udyami Mitras'
8. Scheme for Providing handholding support to Disabled for availing skill training/skill upgradation through ‘Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras’
9. Scheme of Financing Assistive Devices to Enhance the Employbilty or Increased Opportunity of Self Employment of Persons With Disability
10. Scheme for Young Professional
11. Scheme for Refinance To Public Sector Banks/Regional Rural Banks / Other Eligible Institutions Under Credit Guarantee Scheme of Government of India (Credit Guarantee Fund Trust For Micro And Small Enterprises (CGTMSE)